Thursday, October 28, 2010

One day I will have clouds on my wall

At Bob Jones, every student is forced given the privilege to take a long tour through the Museum & Gallery, which is actually a "prime" Greenville attraction. It is one of the largest collections of religious art in the country. I was nerdy and loved it, but I had enough sense to pretend like I hated it to stay cool. Anyway, fourth semester Spanish required this huge project on Spanish art, and I spent a LOT of time in the M&G. I can't say I regretted it; it only deepened my respect and appreciation for the arts.

In art, the color blue represents hope (very understated definition, I know). It makes complete sense. I used to stare up into the sky and wish its blueness would just envelop me. I felt like the sky was its own world, and we earthlings were only allowed a glimpse into its depths.

My love of the sky and clouds continues. It's so strong that this afternoon I hung up on my friend and nearly wrecked my car trying to take pictures of the gorgeous sunset with my phone.

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands."