Monday, November 22, 2010

I'm back

Work has been so crazy stressful the past few weeks that I have winced at the thought of even touching my laptop when I come home. I know myself too well, and I know that something I see online will trigger a memory of work, and I will undoubtedly check my e-mail "really quickly." Before I know it, I'm sucked in. Maybe I'm a workaholic, or maybe part of me didn't even want to place my fingers on another keyboard.

The craziness has calmed temporarily, and my level of stress has diminished significantly.

I spent most of my non-working hours (which weren't very many, trust me) involved in hot yoga and taking long baths.

And I'm reading again. For some time books have not been able to pique my interest at all. I'm very thankful that that season is over.

I become more and more convinced that the person I am manifests itself in stages. Parts of me, of course, will never change, but life is full of phases and periods and semesters and seasons. Appetites and preferences change. And life goes on.

Loving life.

2 comments:

LivingABonaFideLife said...

Let me know if you find some good books. I've had the same problem as of late, I have the desire to read a good book, but can't seem to find any! Glad life has slowed down a bit. Love ya!

ladaisi said...

Great post, Audey! I'm so happy you are posting again!

I've thought about trying yoga for some time now. . . how do you like it?

-Lauren

Ladaisi Blog